[Public-List] Looking for navigation advice - Hampton Roads & ICW

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 6 16:53:32 PDT 2018

So it looks like I will be moving a boat from near Buckroe Beach in
Hampton, Va. down the ICW to Oriental, N. C.  I am very familiar with
the second half of the trip, but the whole Hampton
Roads/Norfolk/Portsmith area looks pretty scary on the chart. Does
anyone have any experience or advice for transiting that area?  Or can
anyone point me to information online or in print that they found helpful?

Thanks.