[Public-List] Looking for navigation advice - Hampton Roads & ICW

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 11:20:44 PDT 2018

   Having done this a few times, it isn't bad.  I usually stay on the "Red
   Side" till Portsmouth.  As Michael said have 13 on the radio and keep
   your eyes open.  The bridge schedules are published and easy to work
   with.  https://cruisersnet.net/category/bridges-va-to-nc-line/
   I personally prefer the Dismal Swamp route as it is more peaceful.
   Spend the night at the Visitor's Center and another in Elizabeth City.
   For Elizabeth City I like Jennette Brothers free dock over the city
   dock.  Either way entering the Alligator River rely on your eyeballs
   not the GPS.
   A good and fun trip.
Jim Davis
Prairie Schooner

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary
reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall

Message: 5