[Public-List] Broken Tack Attachment

Daniel Swords danielswords at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 16:41:55 PDT 2018

Marcelo, Since I am out sailing on my Alberg 30 this afternoon I decided to take a look at my gooseneck fitting. It looked like a good location and application for a dyneema soft shackle so I made one up to fit my boat and it seems to work just fine. The “groove” in the fitting keeps the shackle in position without the need for the raised aluminum pin fitting. I live in Mandeville but will be in New Orleans tomorrow, if you text me (504-234-9011) the location of your boat I could drop by it tomorrow around 2:00pm and install the shackle on your boom. Then you could decide if it is a permanent or temporary fix. I use dyneema soft shackles in dozens of places on my boat and have never had a failure or problem with any of them.  DanielSolitude #525
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone