[Public-List] Whitby Ontario

Don Campbell dk.campbell at xplornet.ca
Fri Aug 10 19:40:38 PDT 2018

Hi Gord:
    The killer those days was the 22-24% interest rates that were deemed
necessary to slow the economy, and slow it they did. Not just for boat
building and sales,  but everything slowed including agriculture which the
Federal Government bailed out by re-instigating the Farm Debt Review Board,
a piece of legislation left over from the dirty thirties and still on the
books. Anyone who borrowed money in the 70's was in trouble trying to repay
any principle when the rate for interest was that high, boat builders  and
buyers included.
Don