[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3707, Issue 1

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Wed Aug 22 13:39:35 PDT 2018

On 8/22/2018 4:04 PM, public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>     1. Radio interference problems from marine LED lighting (Paul Wilson)
>     2. Re: Radio interference problems from marine LED lighting
>        (Michael Grosh)
>     3. Re: Radio interference problems from marine LED lighting
>        (Marcelo D. Gentinetta)
>     4. Re: Radio interference problems from marine LED lighting
>        (Michael Connolly)

You might find that commercial or professional grade LED marine lighting
carries the FCC part 15 certification information. A question for the
"Defenders" and other commercial/consumer suppliers. I have never
investigated that, though. Interior and running lights one my boat are
LED with no VHF problems, but no experience with higher powered LED
masthead lighting.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #211, Ithaca, NY

dans at stmktg.com