[Public-List] Re anchors and racing

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Tue Aug 28 14:04:11 PDT 2018

Good thing I got rid of mine -- well it'll be a better thing once I get
all the bugs worked out of this electric (the price I pay for building
it myself, though I saved about $2.5k in the difference between parts
and a ready-made motor).

For a bonus, I moved the batteries forward far enough that the cockpit
no longer has drainage problems (even when the fresh water tank is
empty!) I'm still a little concerned that the resulting performance
improvements combined with an auxilliary motor that doesn't audibly
announce the fact that it's running to everyone within a half-mile
radius, is going to motivate people to attribute the performance boost
to a running motor rather than the improved trim, and am trying to find
ways to make the running/not-running state of the motor more conspicuous
to people on other boats.

-K