[Public-List] ...a small victory

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:49:09 PST 2018

You have way more extreme weather than I Mid Chesapeake Bay, and your
routine seems to mostly work well for you. I wonder, though, if draining
the water jacket (and not having a rust inhibiting anti freeze)
accelerates internal corrosion.
Checkmate's original A4 died...poorly. Head stud bolts pulling out of
badly rusted block (several times, it's amazing how oversized the studs
can be and still work on the A4), warped head, etc. The engine was badly
abused in her long life of being brackish water cooled.

Michael Grosh