[Public-List] Preserving engines

gewhite gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Dec 11 04:34:11 PST 2018

For what it is worth, the Smithsonian's procedure for
preserving water-cooled engines, taken, I think, from USAF
procedures, is to keep the system filled with an
anti-corrosive fluid, as the residue of other fluids left
in an engine does promote  corrosion. - Gordon White,
Brigadoon II

> Michael via Public-List < public-list at lists.alberg30.org

> than I Mid Chesapeake Bay, and your routine seems to
> mostly work well for you. I wonder, though, if draining
> the water jacket (and not having a rust inhibiting anti
> freeze) accelerates internal corrosion.
> died...poorly. Head stud bolts pulling out of badly
> rusted block (several times, it's amazing how oversized
> the studs can be and still work on the A4), warped head,
> etc. The engine was badly abused in her long life of
> being brackish water cooled.

> Association:

> Association:

> > >     >

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 17:13:46 +0000
> From: Rod Symmes <weatherhelm at hotmail.com>
> To: Alberg <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>, public-list
> 	<public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
> Subject: Re: [Public-List] Drain plugs
	<BLUPR19MB0340FB0BA31C7B7B96A62CE1BBAE0 at BLUPR19MB0340.namprd19.prod.outlook.com>