[Public-List] Is this an Alberg 30?

jefdaj at protonmail.ch jefdaj at protonmail.ch
Tue Dec 11 21:33:42 PST 2018

Hello everyone! I'm considering becoming an Alberg 30 owner... or am I? It appears to have a spade rudder:

https://imgur.com/a/7s0b71A

I also tried to check for aluminum reinforcement of the mast support, but couldn't see the beam from the cabin--just ceiling. The current owner says it must be an Alberg Odyssey 30. But those shouldn't have spade rudders either, right? Registration calls it a 1967 "Jolly Roger". There are other boats from the same era that to my untrained eye look very similar, for example this Pearson Renegade:

http://sailingtexas.com/201101/spearson27103.html

But the owner is certain it's 30 feet long. I also don't know if some of the Albergs were made with different rudders or modified by their owners for racing.

Any help solving this minor mystery would be much appreciated! Included the mainsail insignia too in case someone recognizes it. And I'm in the San Francisco area.

Thanks
Jeff