[Public-List] Mast beam.

Don Campbell dk.campbell at xplornet.ca
Wed Dec 19 09:05:19 PST 2018

Gord:
    I do not want to promote products beyond reasonable but West systems G
Flex is made for adhering to  slippery materials and bonds to various
materials as well, i.e. metals and wood on one joint. The Gougeon's website
gives a good summary of what their epoxies do. One of the real differences
is the amount of shrinkage that occurs in polyester and polyvinyl resins
compared to epoxy. Epoxy is far far less, 3/32" in seventy feet for their
wind turbine blades, as an example. G Flex also has a flexibility built in
so can give a bit without losing bonding capability ads a modulus of
elasticity of 150,000 lbs/psi.
Don Campbell