[Public-List] Ice box demo

craig bilodeau crlabilodeau at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 18:27:57 PST 2018

Well my ice box demolition continues and I have dug out the bad wood on the bulkhead, I think I'll lay up some fiberglass on top of the excavation then glue a piece of plywood on to the whole bulkhead to make it thicker and even stronger. Is that overkill? Any thoughts on that are appreciated. The two shelves remain in place and I think they will stay in place but be modified, the top shelf becoming shallower, the lower shelf being incorporated into to the new top, that way I can keep the stiffening qualities of the old shelves. Also taking advantage of the original tabbing to the shelves. The original plywood I have cut out is incredibly stiff and strong. My goal is to have an ice box that looks like Mikes or similar and refrigerate it too