[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3598, Issue 1

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon Jan 15 13:18:34 PST 2018

On 1/15/2018 4:05 PM, public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org wrote:
> Today's Topics:
>     1. Re: Atomic 4 engine problem? (John Brugeman)
I'd second the motion in favor of the Atomic-4. It is important to
ensure that the cooling system is operating correctly. There is
relatively little to go wrong. Carrying spares for any engine is
important, and with familiarity, the A-4 is easy to work on. Basic
tenants like ensuring no water in the fuel (check the deck fitting
O-Ring!), and a water separator and secondary fuel filter are important.

One consideration against the A-4, not mentioned in the discussion as
far as I can tell, is that there might be a virtue in maintaining 3
identical diesel engines (spare parts and experience common to all three
boats, for example), but given the low market value of these beautiful
boats, an engine swap is not economical.

My $0.02,

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, Cayuga lake, Ithaca, NY

dans at stmktg.com
office: +1607-257-3431
mobile: +1607-592-8012

Strategic Marketing Associates