[Public-List] Headstay Location

Daniel Swords danielswords at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 08:48:16 PST 2018

The stemhead casting on my boat has three holes for attaching the headstay clevis pin. Currently the headstay is attached to the middle hole which is fine, but I am considering moving it to the forward hole as this would allow me to attach a removable inner-forestay to the aft hole without interfering with my roller furling drum. With my genoa furled I could then set up the inner-forestay for use with a hanked on jib in heavy weather. Has anyone tried attaching the headstay to the forward hole?  Thoughts on problems or concerns?Daniel SwordsSolitude (#525)Lake Pontchartrain Louisiana

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone