[Public-List] Headstay Location

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Jan 27 08:55:14 PST 2018

Your forestay should be at the forward hole...

Gord
 #426 Surprise

On 2018-01-27, 11:48 AM, "Public-List on behalf of Daniel Swords via Public-List" <public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org on behalf of public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

    The stemhead casting on my boat has three holes for attaching the headstay clevis pin. Currently the headstay is attached to the middle hole which is fine, but I am considering moving it to the forward hole as this would allow me to attach a removable inner-forestay to the aft hole without interfering with my roller furling drum. With my genoa furled I could then set up the inner-forestay for use with a hanked on jib in heavy weather. Has anyone tried attaching the headstay to the forward hole?  Thoughts on problems or concerns?Daniel SwordsSolitude (#525)Lake Pontchartrain Louisiana

    Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone