[Public-List] New Sails - reef points

greg greg at midnight-oil.us
Wed Jul 4 08:25:06 PDT 2018

Disclaimer: This is not a suggestion for someone new to sailing. Wandering off the beaten path when starting out is generally not a good idea.I don't remember where I came across the idea but you can have reef points added to a hank on head sail. I had Hyde add them to my 135 when they made it. I haven't sailed it enough to render an opinion yet on performance. I can tell you it's not pretty. On the other hand it's a lot easier to reef and transfer the sheets than change the sail. The last time I did it was at night, in the rain, solo. I also have a long, zipper topped, sail bag that I can tie to the stantions. The sail gets dropped in to that for temporary storage such as stopping overnight somewhere. I also find I like launching it from the bag.
Greg
P.S. The logic for me was that it sounded like an interesting idea. It wouldn't be optimal for sailing but might be a good tradeoff. It gives me another option...
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.