[Public-List] Overnight Anchoring on the Magothy North of Gibson Island

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Jul 4 13:06:56 PDT 2018

Jonathan,

The V-shaped cove between Holland Pt. and Purdy Pt. is known as Eagle's
Nest or Eagle Cove. It's a convenient and popular place to anchor in the
summer.

In the fall, especially when storms might be expected, Red House Cove is
more protected. It can get too hot due to poor air ventilation in the
summer.

Watch the lump sticking out into Sillary Bay south of mark "3". I've
seen it catch people by surprise.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org