[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3669, Issue 1

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Jul 4 13:53:43 PDT 2018

Double luff, no furler is the norm for racing yachts.

I used to hate seeing SPINDRIFT on the water…. that damned thing was a wolf in sheep’s clothing.  I’d think ‘ha, there’s that thing again’ and would have to change course because of the probability that I’d not be able to either overtake nor leave it behind.  I’d have to change MY plans so as to avoid any possibility that I was being defeated by it.

At least with your new boat, I can cry ‘oh she’s bigger than us, THAT’s why we can’t catch her, keep up or whatever…’  Couldn’t claim that with SPINDRIFT; hated that thing...

Hrumph.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com