[Public-List] Pactrade Marine Solar Ventilator II

Chris Martin notcmartin at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 17:45:05 PDT 2018

 Thanks for the heads up, this is on my list too. My issue is I'm hesitant to cut a hole anywhere, typical analysis paralysis.

    On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 6:46:20 PM EDT, Jonathan Bresler via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

 Yes, got a 4" one Marinco that I installed last year.
The Pactrade is offered for about $80 vs the $140+ for the Marinco.
The Pactrade claims 900 cubic feet per hour vs 600 for the Marinco.
The price difference is the driver here, almost half the price.

And I still want one to install in the head.  See folks have these is a
variety
of locations.  In the center of the forward hatch. In deck opening of the
anchor locker.  In the center of the hatch for aft lazartte.    Most i have
counted
on a single Alberg, so far, is three, I believe.

The current one is installed in the salon/cabin, starboard side, quite near
the hanging locker.  Replaced the chimney of the Dickenson Marine Newport
solid fuel heater.  Still have the chimney, of course. Can be switched back.
But not in 90+ degree July weather.

Jonathan

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 6:38 PM, Gordon Laco via Public-List <

> Hello Jonathan,
>
> I’ve never heard of Pactrade, but solar vents have been around for quite
> some time… originally by now extinct Nicro Fico.  I expect they’re all made
> at the same factory in the east.  Many distributors carry them under
> various trade names such as Marinco.
>
> They are very effective and quiet.  A great vent.
>

> Gordon Laco
> www.gordonlaco.com
> #426 Surprise
>

> > On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:16 PM, Jonathan Bresler via Public-List <
> >
> > Folks,
> >
> > Any experience with the Pactrade Marine Solar Ventilator II
> > http://www.pactrademarine.com/p246/Solar_Powered_Ventilator/
> product_info.html
> >
> > Seems to be rather similar to the Marinco Day/Night Solar Vent
> >
> > http://www.marinco.com/en/n20704s
> >
> > --
> > Jonathan M Bresler
> > S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262