[Public-List] New Winches

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Jul 13 13:21:28 PDT 2018

Hello Chris -

25’s are probably minimal with regard to power, so may not be an upgrade... and they’re probably old which may not be an issue but make sure their bearings are in good shape.  The thing about buying used gear with moving parts is that the original owners replaced them for a reason…

We’ve got 42ST’s in SURPRISE, which have plenty of power and of course self tailing is great, but no self tailing winch is cheap.  Ours are Harken, which while has a huge name, are really not great.  I’d go for Andersens some day if/when I replace these.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com
#426 Surprise