[Public-List] Alternators...

Anders Bro abro.gtu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:53:40 PDT 2018

Ya, but isn't that alternator rpm and not engine speed? Usually the pulleys
are sized to have alternator rpm higher than engine rpm.
Anders

On Jul 16, 2018 4:39 PM, "Gordon Laco via Public-List" <

Hello friends…

Do any of you have data on what the output curve of our Atomic IV’s
alternators will put out at various RPM’s?

I’m looking at Moyer’s modern alternators, and noticed that they give
output figures for ‘normal operating speed of 2000rpm’.  Well even with the
boosted rpm our Campbell prop allows, we still don’t get more than 1500
going flat out… we cruise quietly at 1200.

I understand our factory supplied alternators are ’30 amp’ but what is it
really delivering at real operational rpms?

I understand that at lower rpm’s the alternator isn’t ‘excited’ so delivers
little amperage…But I don’t know what the critical rpm rate is to achieve
excitement

I don’t understand this whole subject as well as I’d like to.

Gordon Laco
#426 Surprise