[Public-List] Alternators -- Try a voltmeter!

Paul Wilson dcmcrider at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:30:29 PDT 2018

Even though the alternator may be rated for 30 Amp output, you won't see it approach rated output unless it is connected to a load in the neighborhood of 360-420 W. Ohm's Law and all that. The regulated voltage is approximately 13.8 V. In other words you're going to need a load of known quantity to get accurate max output readings.

Paul, Slainte #129

Sent from my iPad