[Public-List] Caution

Roy Jarnagin roy.jarnagin at gmail.com
Tue May 22 06:17:04 PDT 2018

I have a similar inflatable PFD story. In my previous career I was a research engineer for an ocean science institute. I was sometimes working on the deck of the research vessel deploying or retrieving equipment from the stern without any lifelines or tether to prevent going overboard. I always wore my steel toe boots and an the same inflatable PFD. After a couple of years one of my co-workers decided it might be a good idea to replace the inflate cartridges in our PFDs. It turns out the one I had been using had the gas cartridge installed improperly and it would not have inflated. I hate to think what might have happened if I had gone overboard with those heavy boots on an no easy way to inflate that vest.

Roy Jarnagin

Southern Serenity #72