[Public-List] Bulkhead Repair

Anders Bro abro.gtu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:54:46 PDT 2018

I've done it on a couple of my boats, and I used a right angle grinder to
get rid of the rotten wood and the fiberglass tabbing. Then I built it back
up with cloth and epoxy resin. Of course I included a fairly wide taper to
the good remaining plywood bulkhead so that there would be a good wide bond
between the glass and the wood. I used west systems epoxy rather than
polyester/vinyl ester resin as it is supposed to result in a stronger bond.
What is nice about this repair is that if more water comes in, it doesn't
sit on rotable wood but rather on strong fiberglass. Also, it was more
daunting to think about than to do. Quite easy in fact.
Anders

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 9:15 PM John Irving via Public-List <