[Public-List] Maryland Titling Requirements

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:46:01 PDT 2018

Bob,

Congratulations on selling Kittiwake #76.

Suggest that the new owner show the document "U.S. Coast Guard Hull
Identification Number (HIN) Validation & Verification Guidelines" which
states clearly that hull identification numbers were not required for prior
to 1 Nov 1972.  The document can be found via Google search and at
https://www.info-link.com/newlink/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Approved-HIN-Validation-Verification-Guideline.pdf

When I purchased Constance #262 in May of 2015, presented the title to the
DNR folks and there was no problem regarding the lack of a HIN.  It was
purchased in Maryland from a Maryland owner.  Perhaps that made a
difference.

Jonathan

PS.  Could you let me know who you sold her to so that I can get in touch
with them in the role of secretary of the Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30
Association.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Bob Bohmer via Public-List <

> I just sold my A-30 to a resident of Maryland. He will be moving her back
> to Maryland from Virginia eventually. He says that Maryland won't title the
> boat without a picture of the hull number. The only thing on the boat that
> has anything like that is the Serial number placard. Any suggestions on how
> he can proceed?

Jonathan M Bresler
S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262
Annapolis/Eastport MD