[Public-List] Maryland Titling Requirements

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 12:45:32 PDT 2018

   I can't find the link to it but Maryland has a process to assign a HIN
   for vessels that are older than the HIN requirement.  This process is
   also used for boats that were bought from a foreign seller where HINs
   aren't used.  Talk to the clerk at DNR and explain the problem.  You
   might also want to do a USCG bill of sale to make it easier for them.
   I will recommend the Annapolis office for cooperative workers.
   The process is fairly easy, I've been through it with a previous boat.
   The state issued HIN will start with the postal abbreviation ie  MDZ.
   http://dnr.maryland.gov/Boating/Pages/registration.aspx
   Also this may help    customerservice.dnr at maryland.gov   or
   877-620-8DNR (8367).
Jim Davis
Prairie Schooner

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary
reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall

Message: 3