[Public-List] Cracked Stern Tube - Laugh or Cry?

Daniel Swords danielswords at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 15:18:15 PDT 2018

My boat (hull #525) has recently been suffering from a slow leak at the stern tube. The local boat yard assessment is a cracked stern tube which agrees with my assessment of the leak location. Their initial estimate for repair is approximately $9,000. I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. I guess my next option is to find a yard that will let me do the work myself and to see if I can repair/replace the stern tube without removing the engine and fuel tank. Thoughts or condolences are appreciated. Daniel Solitude Mandeville, LA

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone