[Public-List] Stern Tube Bedding

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Apr 8 14:03:33 PDT 2019

Yes, I tend to publish every alternative approach that doesn't seem
dangerous. Having now worked on my own, I would not want to
through-bolt. It's very difficult to access back there, and I've pulled
the cutless bearing housing off several times over the years.

I don't think the danger is what Rick feared. The water pressure is on
the outside of the boat, pushing the cutless bearing housing onto it,
not away. He mentions lag bolts, but on my boat they were machine bolts.
In any event, if this was such a tenuous construction, then I probably
would have heard about problems.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org