[Public-List] VHF cable

Paul Wilson dcmcrider at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 07:25:17 PDT 2019

LMR 400 is much larger -- .405" diameter, and fairly rigid. (Product cut
sheets will show you the bending moment for various cabling, which gives
you an idea of how flexible it is.) It's probably not something I would
want to try to fish down the mast. I've used it in my home "ham shack" for
a VHF/UHF antenna. My home installation HF antennas are fed with RG-213. In
my view neither cable would be easy to handle in a boat installation. One
reason RG8x is so popular is that it's inexpensive and mechanical
characteristics are capability with marine and mobile installations.

Paul / KI4PW / Slainte #129

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:47 PM Wehicks via Public-List <