[Public-List] Garboard drain

Greg Dawson gregdaws at aol.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 08:12:32 PDT 2019

Hi Gord
My intention is to fit the drain through the side of the hull and not the bottom of the keel. What I had envisioned was drilling a pilot hole from the inside of the bilge having no engine in the boat at present. I have a tool small enough to drill in the tight confines of the bilge. This would allow me to come up an appropriate distance from the bottom of the bilge / keel so that I wouldn't encounter the problem that you had. I thought that once I had the pilot hole through the hull I could work from the outside using a hole cutter & taps etc.

Is it possible that you could email me off list with a price for the drain that you stock please. I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, I only intend fitting it once. My email address is gregdaws at aol.com
Sincerely
Greg Dawson