[Public-List] Sealants

Glenn brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Aug 28 14:48:37 PDT 2019

Ryan,

I actually went old school on Dolce and used Dolphinite bedding compound on all my fittings, port light frames and chain plates.  Basically anything with a thru bolt or screw, bedded to another part.  30 year longevity and as yet, no leaks after the new owner did Five ocean passages.

The only thing it doesn’t do well is seal the hole around where the chain plate comes up through the deck. For that I used the 4000 sealant.  Usually had to renew that every year.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone