[Public-List] Can anyone recommend a surveyor in the San Francisco Bay area?

Michael Devonshire Devonshire at jhpokorny.com
Tue Jan 8 19:07:42 PST 2019

Here’s a Bay Area surveyor, sent by a colleague at USSailing:
Bill Molbestad. 415-860-3495<tel:415-860-3495>
bmelbo at comcast. net

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2019, at 10:27 AM, jreadams6 via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org<mailto:public-list at lists.alberg30.org>> wrote:

You probably do not need to haul. However, I would as she has not been out
in two years, and this way you start with a clean bottom (if you haul out
and paint.)

Do you need an insurance survey? That might require you to haul out?

You need to look at the rudder to make sure all is good, shake the shaft to
see how much play is in the cutless bearing (should not be any), and it
would be good to see how many decades of paint is on the bottom.

For the rudder - see if you can lift the rudder and inspect the pin at the
bottom. How much play is there, and does the pin look like it is worn
down.  The pintle and gudgeon half way up should not look as if they are
about to fall off - specifically the pin should not look as if is worn down.

Yours is a new boat - so the rudder goes through the deck differently than
mine. Do you  have the maintenance manual? It is something you should get
as it hits on all  aspects of the boat and is worth a buy - reach out to
the Alberg 30 Association https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__alberg30.org&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=enM7ScFQvWrcekEYjndveTkrwasULNM_wPIJpHsl3qk&m=LZulBL55oWThnHzD-jgYVRO6_3JpH7CvWQX89NvSEZc&s=8znfnE_PWN0RtzAmxB3dIPIVZyrh7qJwN1LyUduNDv8&e= for a copy

Jonathan
197

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 1:51 PM Jeff via Public-List <