[Public-List] Sails -- What do you carry?

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:06:23 PST 2019

Been wondering about sails lately.   I've found that the sail inventory on
Constance is a bit thin.  An old main, a much newer main, an old 165LP
headsail, a much newer 170LP headsail, an 80LP working jib, and two
spinnakers.  But when the wind pipes up, the sails inventory doesnt quite
match.

Around 12knots or so true, I've been taking a reef in the main.  Around
18knots, four turns on the roller furler (sacrilege!) returns the boat to
about 15d of heel.  22+ and its second reef time.  All from memory.

Thinking that an additional headsail, something between 165LP and 80LP,
might be good. Perhaps 135LP.

So, what do you all carry?

Jonathan

--