[Public-List] More on the rudder discussion

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Wed Jan 16 08:48:29 PST 2019

Morning Jonathan,
If you cast a glance at the "Lorrie rose" details on the A-30 link her rudder blade looks to be a real mess...........................but that is the original Whitby work not later repairs. Most of the bronze straps are riveted fastenings. I assume using bronze rivets to be upset as Gord explained.  BTW Airplanes are riveted together..............you do fly from time to time in airplanes don't you? lol
Michael #133
P.S. one person can rivet the A-30 rudder because you can reach both sides at the same time, easy.
The bolt and nut arrangement on the Sainte Alberg is just because they didn't understand to riviting process or lazy or just had the bolt handy? Who knows. The riviting process doesn't leave anything to drag to slow the boat down..................yes everything helps add to boat speed.