[Public-List] stern tube question

Clay Pass clay.q.pass at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:59:29 PST 2019

I would check to make sure the shaft is coming directly out of the center
of the stern tube and rotate it by hand to make sure it doesn't wobble on
rotation.  The cutlass bearing/housing assembly should slide right on
without causing any pressure on any side when it bolted down (i.e. exactly
centered).  I borrowed a gear puller from Advance Auto for free (refundable
deposit).  The housing unscrewed from the stern tube without issue or
anything extra holding it.  I made sure it was caulked good with 5000UV
when I bolted it back on.  I used the hacksaw method to remove the old
bearing without issue and drilled the side holes as recommended.

Clay

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 5:30 PM Gerard Kuperus via Public-List <