[Public-List] stern tube question

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:30:26 PST 2019

clamp a pencil or something to the rudder pointing to the  center of the
shaft; rotate shaft. Any runout, bent shaft. Alignment is checked by
breaking apart the coupling and checking spacing with a feeler guage. That
needs to be pretty close.
It sounds like the line wrap may have pulled the engine out of alignment.