[Public-List] Machine shop in the Annapolis area

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:53:59 PST 2019

Kastells in St. Michaels did my cutless bearing. They do machine work, but
are really powerboat oriented. The gudgeon you are talking about is the one
halfway down the rudder? that is fastened with slotted machine screws 4 on
each side, 2 in deadwood, 2 in rudder. I don't see any advantage to
cutting. Original screws are bronze, threaded into fiberglass. They should
be fairly easy to persuade out. Worst case, left hand drill (i got a set
from harbor freight) and perhaps ez out extractor. Replacement screws from
Jamestown, bronze is getting hard to find, but I would stick with it.
Stainless is difficult to work with in this situation (the next time work
is done).
michael grosh
220