[Public-List] Galley Sink

Mike Lehman mlehman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 04:58:50 PDT 2019

I to agree. I would be concerned that connecting the sink drain to the
starboard cockpit drain could cause the sink to fill and perhaps overflow
flooding the boat while on a starboard tack since the the water level in
the sink drain is only an inch or so below the sink. Also, not a good idea
to have multiple drains sharing the same thru-hull fitting. I did what
Marcelo did, which is to add dedicated deck drain thru-hull fittings to
avoid sharing the cockpit drains. We have a liner boat.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 7:46 AM Gordon Laco via Public-List <

> Good morning Marcelo -
>
> I second your suggestions… all sensible and good seamanship.
>
> Gordon Laco
> www.gordonlaco.com
> #426 Surprise
>

> > On Jul 9, 2019, at 7:41 AM, Marcelo D. Gentinetta via Public-List <
> >
> > I would avoid using a tee if possible since they are prone to clogs. On
> my liner boat the galley sink has its own seacock in the galley
> compartment. The cockpit scuppers also have their own dedicated seacocks. I
> re-plumbed the side deck scuppers to thru-hulls 12 inches above the water
> line on both sides. This is what James Baldwin recommends on the A30.  The
> original way, with the deck drains teeing into the cockpit scuppers was the
> source of constant clogs and frustration.
> > Hope you can make it work.
> > Marcelo
> > Alegría #441
> >

> >> On Jul 8, 2019, at 6:36 PM, Neil Williams via Public-List <
> >>
> >> James Baldwin has a recent plumbing video on his "atomvoyager" channel.
> >> May have some ideas you could use.

> that
> work?

> free