[Public-List] Exhaust leak...

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Jul 23 06:56:05 PDT 2019

Good day friends,

Well I’ve finally got SURPRISE sailing… we had a protracted spring fitting out that stretched into months due to a variety of fumbles… but we’re in the water, the new main is bent on and tried out satisfactorily… and I stole Sunday and Monday to do an overnighter up the coast.

But…  what I suspected has now been confirmed… we have a leak in the exhaust system.   I’ve yet to determine if it’s in the exhaust manifold or in the tight elbows between the manifold and the bronze ‘muffler’… but I’ve got to deal with it.

I have a spare Atomic IV specifically for parts so replacing the manifold is no sweat… what I am worried about is how to remove the quite rusted iron pipe fittings between the manifold and the vertical muffler.

Has anyone done this job?

Gord
#426 Surprise