[Public-List] Rivet for mast rail

Marcelo D. Gentinetta vanguard64 at cox.net
Sun Jul 28 17:24:13 PDT 2019

Hi Eric,
I just changed 3 rivets on the mast track approximately 2/3 up the mast. The rivet size in stainless is 3/16 diameter with a grip size of 0.158"-0.236”. You have to drill out the old rivet using a 13/64” bit. I used a heavy duty rivet gun with the long handles. I tried using the regular, one handed kind of rivet gun that is usually sold in most hardware stores but found I wasn’t strong enough to pop those hard SS rivets.
I hope this helps,
Marcelo
#441 Alegría