[Public-List] Propellors

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Jun 24 06:35:15 PDT 2019

Hello Marcelo -

The new prop is a Campbell;  performance motoring ahead is better… revs are up a couple hundred RPM so the cooling and charging systems work better… but reverse is much worse.   I think the later is due to the blades being ‘cupped’ slightly to improve thrust but when in reverse this brings the cavitation threshold lower.

It’s not a problem now that I’m used to it, but the first time I was using reverse to manoeuvre it was a bit of a shock.

The two blade prop was superb in reverse… I could use the prop walk effect to aide manoeuvring and thrust in reverse was very strong.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com