[Public-List] Shaft Seal / Stuffing box

Wes Gardner wesgardner1952 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 03:19:21 PST 2019

Hi Jeff,

Mine is made by Tempress. Google Tempress Access Hatch and that will put you on the right track. Mine is about 13x22. Yes, it’s plastic and probably is NOT suitable for offshore work. You CAN walk/stand directly on it. I change mine out every five years or so as it might get brittle. Someone makes an aluminum that WILL be suitable for offshore work, can’t remember who ...maybe Bomar?

Wes

Sent from my iPad