[Public-List] Natural aluminum finish for mast/boom

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:52:02 PDT 2019

aluminum is tough to paint. The oxidation can be considered a protective
barrier (that is what the anodizing process is as in anodized spars). The
problem is paint doesn't stick to that well without fairly aggressive
priming-it's an acid process.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019, 15:57 Christian Douglas via Public-List <