[Public-List] Shaft Seal / Stuffing box

Andrew Johns johnsab9 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 06:52:47 PDT 2019

David,
Thanks for the video.

Most stuffing boxes use a heavy wall hose that is the same diameter on both
ends.

I have not been able to find a hose or bellows that is 1-3/8" on one end
and 1-3/4" that would also be suitable for below the waterline use.  I
found some silicone couplings made for automotive turbochargers. It doesn't
appear heavy enough to counteract any torque from friction within the
stuffing box.