[Public-List] Chesapeake Cruising Guide?

david swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 26 06:59:18 PDT 2019

 We don't live on the Chesapeake, we are in North Carolina, but with retirement less than a decade away we are starting to do some planning, and one thing I would like to do if I get the opportunity is spend a few months cruising on the bay.  To that end, can someone suggest a good cruising guide that I can start reading?  Preferably one that includes some good historical and geographical information, rather than just navigation or marina info.  We MIGHT be in a boat with less draft than the A30 (3-1/2'-ish), so info on places less visited due to shallow water is a plus.
Thanks for any suggestions.