[Public-List] LED Bulbs

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 29 14:52:38 PDT 2019

 Jeff et al;
The LED bulbs at the store have smart power supplies in them.  So they are apparently getting enough power from the 12v lines.  They are dim because it is likely at the bottom limit of what those supplies can run at as well as any "dimming" logic in the supplies thinks the 12V is telling you it wants the light to be dim.
I would not suggest running 110v LED bulbs in these fixtures at 12v as power supplies really don't like being run that far below normal voltage.
Also, With LED bulbs you must absolutely make sure they are designed for the fixture you are putting them in otherwise they will overhead and your $$$ led bulb will bake it's power supply and fail after only a year or two (Can light fixtures are notorious for killing improper LED bulbs early).
Ed Schroeder (formerly owner #303 "Emotional Rescue")