[Public-List] Depth xD

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu May 2 06:13:45 PDT 2019

I put our depth sounder transducer under the port bunk…

Not by any means an ideal position, if one were to go by the recommendations, but much to my surprise it works perfectly well there.  I was concerned that the keel would provide a confusing side echo for the instrument, but it doesn’t.  The other surprise was that the sounder works equally well on either tack even when heeled.

Gordon Laco
#426 Surprise