[Public-List] Depth xD

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:25:27 PDT 2019

I have two, both under the port settee, close to the forward bulkhead.
Both are installed in puddles of epoxy. I made a little dam with duct
tape, and poured in slow cure epoxy. A puddle of quick cure epoxy
can get very warm, possibly forming bubbles, which will mean a poor
acoustic coupling to the hull, although cold water outside the hull
helps. I plopped the transducer into the puddle. The first transducer
had a transom mount which I screwed to the bulkhead. When I upgraded
to a fish-finder / chart-plotter the first one was not coming out,
so it went in floating free in its puddle.

SG