[Public-List] Tiller pilot

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue May 21 08:31:29 PDT 2019

I have a Raymarine ST2000+

Pros:
- Easy to use, and held a good course in even in pretty snotty conditions.
- Never had a problem with water ingression into the unit itself.

Cons:
- power socket rusted in less than 2 years. Raymarine replacement was $150
and would have rusted as well. I replaced with a better power connection.

- There is a bushing deep in the mechanism which is made of cheap
plastic and
will wear out. I haven't (yet) been able to acquire a replacement. I was
able to manufacture a temporary replacement out of a yogurt container
lid, but really that bushing should be made of a harder, more abrasion
resistant plastic.

SG