[Public-List] whisker pole

Don Campbell dk.campbell at xplornet.ca
Fri May 10 16:05:42 PDT 2019

I have used a spinnaker pole made by AMCO that has a peg in it to set the
distance. I think it is a 2 1/2"  - 3" extendible pole for the inside
diameters and I cut a bit out of it initially so that I had a length of 10'
for the J and a legal spin pole. I have used it extended for a whisker pole
and in Canada , we have used a  now outdated PHRF rule that allowed the
whisker pole to be 1.65 x J and attached only at the clew and mast. (PHRF
has now made whisker poles without rules for length or attachment points.)
That meant one had to use the correct length for the sail you were using,
about 14'3" for a 165 genoa. I have had no trouble with this pole but cannot
find where AMCO is now. (My foredeck crew also handles this pole very well)
Don Campbell