[Public-List] Sealing chainplates

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Nov 28 13:40:51 PST 2019

Hi Rod -

I want to make fibre reinforced ‘mounds’ that will augment the existing ones through which the chain plates come up through.

I will fix the plates into the tops of the new mounds, and reinforce the tops with metal plates (I believe in paying for quality but since I need seven of these, I’ll make my own over the winter)

The purpose of the plates is to limit movement of the parts of the plates which extend up through the deck, thereby improving the watertight integrity of the fittings at the deck.  Despite the plates and what they’re bolted to being both in good shape, there is enough length above the highest bolt that some movement of the chainplates as currently fitted is inevitable.

My aim is to reduce that movement… to do that, I need to reinforce where they come through the deck.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com
Surprise 426